Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On Wisconsin!

I spent the last two days driving to and participating in a tillage conference and demonstration at the University of Wisconsin Arlington Agricultural Research Station. There was an excellent turnout, I met Wisconsin dairy farmers that weren't missing any appendages (and some that were), ate some great food last night in Waumakee, and had a good time.

However, Wisconsin is probably the strangest state ever to drive in. If you want to try and take a shortcut, DON"T DO IT! You will be just like me: lost in space in Wisconsin.

So, here I am tonight, in Prairie du Chien, drinking "Spotted Cow" ale, eating a gut bomb sandwich from a convenience store in the "Oriental Jacuzzi Suite"* at the Best Western.

My life is weird!

*normally $129.90..........but, I didn't pay nearly that much!

No comments: