Saturday, July 9, 2011

Captain Crab's Strange Friend


I first met irongrant (he doesn't capitalize his name) in 1975 while he was attending summer school on Pigeon Key, Florida. After a night of drinking and dancing with blue haired ladies, I actually started to like him somewhat. He later joined my crew as a deckhand but was such a pitiful sailor that I had to set him adrift in a dinghy off the coast of the Philippine Island of Luzon.

Over the years we have had sporadic contact. He will send me pictures occasionally that I post, but he a has always asked that he not be credited for his sub par photography skills.

He recently sent me pictures for a post last week and asked that I post them as my own. Which I did. Last night he sent me the following video and said that he is ready to be identified. He has decided to continue his life's work of talking to anything he knows will not talk back to him.

I didn't think setting him adrift would affect him so much.

1 comment:

Feng Shui en la cocina said...

Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any improved! Perusing by this publish reminds me of my former place mate! He normally kept talking about this. I’ll ahead this article to him. Really guaranteed he will have a excellent study. Thanks for sharing!