Friday, April 18, 2008

Sh Boom!

As you may or not know, PJ belongs to a bowling league. From September until April, once a week she treks to Eagle Lanes, puts on her fancy bowling shoes, gets her custom ball out of her locker, and commences to set the lanes afire.

I would always call late Thursday afternoon to wish her good luck and tell her to bowl well. On Friday, I would call to see how well she bowled. "I sucked" or "like sh#$" were her normal answers. Then, one week I forgot to call. I felt bad, because it had become a ritual. I thought that my encouragement was helping and that if the call wasn't made she would really bowl bad.

The next day I called to ask how she had bowled and to tell her that I felt horrible for forgetting the pep talk call. She had bowled GREAT the night that I forgot. Oh well, no more encouragement from the Crab.

Here are pictures of that famous Yankton spot, SH BOOMS. I especially like location of the Bud sign. Every "Family FUN Center" should have one.



No comments: