Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Different Side of the Crab

"Little House on the Prairie" has never been that important to me, but H loved it when she was young and I would guess lots of other young ladies did also, so these pictures are for you. Flenker had Whiskey Marie do a guest post in which she brought up Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Now, I know of six states that have Laura Ingalls Wilder homes: Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota and Wisconsin. These pictures were taken near DeMet, South Dakota.




3 comments:

Gwen said...

I once forced a boyfriend to spend a day in DeSmet visiting every site that had anything to do with Laura Ingalls Wilder (the sites in town, the homestead out of town, the cemetery...), and on the way back to Oklahoma we stopped at the homestead site in Kansas, too. I ADORED those books as a kid. Living in "Indian territory" myself, they held a person appeal beyond the normal love I think other girls had for them.

Later, in grad school, I came upon a biography that claimed that Laura was actually a very unpleasant, mean-spirited woman who was quite domineering toward her husband and daughter. I bet it's true.

Captain Crab said...

Do you think that the forced "Laura Ingalls Wilder" visits had anything to do with you two not being together now?

Gwen said...

No--I was sort of trying to get him to break up with him, but it didn't work. I had to break up with him a couple of months later.