Monday, February 11, 2008

Presidential Candidates and Squirrels

Mike Huckabee isn't my choice for President, but you have to love his sense of humor. Here is a bit of the transcript from his appearance on "Meet the Press" yesterday:


MR. RUSSERT: ..."and we would fry squirrel in the popcorn poppers in the dorm room."

GOV. HUCKABEE: Yeah. Yeah. We really did that. We really did.

MR. RUSSERT: Did you eat them?

GOV. HUCKABEE: Well, of course you--we ate them.

MR. RUSSERT: What does it taste like?

GOV. HUCKABEE: I should say it tastes a lot like chicken, but it doesn't.

MR. RUSSERT: What's it taste like?

GOV. HUCKABEE: It, it tastes like squirrel. It's not the best thing in the world but, you know, when you go squirrel hunting, you got to do something with those things. And part of it was just to say we could do it. I mean, it was a college thing. I mean, but fried squirrel is a Southern delicacy. You got to know that.

MR. RUSSERT: But you're off the squirrel now?

GOV. HUCKABEE: I haven't eaten fried squirrel I think since college. Thank the Lord. I don't...

MR. RUSSERT: This may help you in Virginia.

GOV. HUCKABEE: It may kill me up--in other states, however.

No comments: